Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine's Day Beauty

Let's start out with one of my least favorite holidays: Valentine's Day! Many people seem to hate Valentine's Day because they are lonely or have jerks as significant others, or perhaps because they can't stand the pink, lace-laden decor that seems to dominate the stores during that time of year. I have heard many people even refer to it as a greeting card holiday; that V-Day was just invented by Hallmark to garner profits. I hate Valentine's Day for a whole different reason: it is in February. My birthday is also in February. Two gifting holidays in one month? Most people would be thrilled. But here in Cleveland, it's a different story. February is the greyest, most depressing month of the whole year. Lake effect snow combined with grey skies and bitter cold makes for some very unhappy Clevelanders. People are jerks in February, it's a proven fact. Scientific law, even.

So, as part of my new year's resolution, I'm trying to be more positive about things. I have an amazing husband, I love pink frilly things and am a huge sucker for romance. So why not at least try get into the holiday spirit? This year I vow to be more enthusiastic about Valentine's Day, to embrace the cold and dreary Cleveland weather and perhaps even celebrate my 25th birthday! The latter is probably a longshot, but hey, I digress. One interest that has remained constant throughout my whole life is my love for beauty products. If there's one way to get me enthused about something, it's to find a product that fits that particular situation perfectly. For example, when I found my Maui Babe After Browning lotion while shopping for our Hawaiian honeymoon, it seriously made my day. Crazy? Perhaps, but there are certainly stranger things to have a passion for. Have you ever seen that show "My Strange Addiction?" There was one lady on there who was obsessed with her ventriloquist dummies. At least I don't talk to my perfume. Yet.

Anyways, here is a list of some super cute and fun makeup and beauty products that I have come across for Valentine's Day. These would make super cute V-Day gifts as well. Let's all try to embrace the love and gray skies this February!

Primal Elements Cherish Bar Soap, $9
http://www.primalelementsonline.com/sppch.html

The perfect festive soap for the guest bathroom! This berry-vanilla glycerin soap is seriously adorable. They have several other V-Day themed soaps as well, check them out!

Philosophy Sweet on You Set, $25
http://www.philosophy.com/bath-valuesets/sweet-on-you-set-product

I have a huge soft spot for Philosophy products. I love stuff that smells like food, and this brand never fails me for yummy and decadent bath and body treats. This set includes a 3-in-1 (shower gel, bubble bath and shampoo all in one, for those of you not in the know), body lotion and lip shine in a candy hearts fragrance! What could be more perfect for Valentine's day, I ask you? Pure delicious fun.
Jo Malone Red Roses Bath Oil, $65
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jo-malone-red-roses-bath-oil/3010704?origin=category&resultback=658

The rose is the quintessential flower of Valentine's Day. This amazingly moisturizing bath oil captures the delicate fragrance of the rose beautifully. The scent that lingers on your skin after bathing is heavenly. Was that enough adverbs for you? But seriously, this is one of the most luxurious bath products ever created.


Too Faced Romantic Eye Collection, $35.00



This latest addition to Too Faced's eye palette line is a stunner. Though this is more "wedding" themed than Valentine's Day, I had to throw it in here because it is so gorgeous. The classic look in the middle with the pink base and purple accents would be a beautiful Valentine's Day look.













NARS Tainted Love Set, $59

This awesome set features some impressive pink Valentine's shades for the cheeks, lips and nails. It includes Schiap nail polish, which is a spinoff of the ever-coveted perfect fuschia lipstick of the same name. I love, love, love NARS products.

Bath and Body Works Sensual Black Currant Vanilla Aromatherapy Lotion, $13
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4416609&cp=2484530.11143535&cm_re=Island+Escape+HP-_-Sub+4-_-Valentines+Day+Gifts

I'm not normally a fan of the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy fragrances, but this one is pure scrumptious-ness. A wonderfully deep and sexy fragrance, this bad boy lasts on the skin all day long. The limited edition Valentine's Day packaging is quite foxy as well.
Diptyque Limited Edition Roseros Candle Duo, $78
http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=48317

Anyone who has owned a Diptyque candle knows what a luxury they truly are. Sure, I love my Yankee Candles just like every other girl, but Diptyques are something special. This limited edition Valentine's Day duo contains two heavenly rose candles, one that is a nice sweet rose and the other a fiesty, spicy rose. The artwork on these is really quite stunning, and a very tasteful addition to your typical Valentine's decor.
Necco Be My Valentine Fragrance by Demeter, $10
http://www.demeterfragrance.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=1127

Another delectable candy hearts fragrance, this time in perfume form. Those of you who are not familiar with Demeter Fragrances, I urge you to mosey on over to their site immediately. They have hundreds of unique fragrances, with everything from Lavender to Pop Corn to the scent of Paperback books, there is surely something for everyone.
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Throb, $14
http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/catalogue/category/nails/products/throb-nail-varnish/235/

This is one sexy red polish! From Illamasqua's controversial Valentine's Day collection, this blood red shade is a perfect holiday nail color that looks great on many skin tones. Another favorite from the collection is the Intense Lipgloss in Succubus, a beautiful fierce shade of red. Really loving Illamasqua lately!




Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush In Rose, $11.95


Apparently I'm not the only one that could use a little boost this winter! This deeply pigmented shimmery blush is enhanced with the delicious scent of violets (and some other happy stuff) to lift you up from the winter blahs.





Hope everyone enjoyed! There will be plenty more to come.

1 comment:

  1. The Primal Elements soaps have got to be one of my favorite things! Great selections for V-Day. btw...I LOVE February!

    ReplyDelete